Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Week 37

weekly check up started last week, in the last month of pregnancy. this week i went back to saturday check up as my gynae had a conference (i sorta knew what and where, cos i passed by the buntings on my way back from work everyday). for the past week i've been saying, its ok if i start showing labour signs at work, as my gynae is just next door.

went a bit late today, so i was one of the last ones. when i walked into her clinic, my gynae said i'll be delivering soon, she can tell from the way i walk. good news no 1.

she asked me to lie down on the examination table/bed to check the baby's position. she said the head is engaged, but only the top part. good news no 2 (bad news that comes with it - when she scanned, we couldnt see the baby's face).

then she asked how i'm coping. i said i'm really tired and my stomach is really heavy and my groin hurts!! she said i should take it easy and rest, so i'll be getting the whole week off work next week. good news no 3.

she did perinial massage, checked my blood pressure and gave me the admission form to be prepared. good news no 4 (although she did say it wont be anytime soon - not in the next few days, at least).

then she asked me...do you want to induce? that's the question i've been waiting for. she explained how inducing works, pros and cons of it, what to expect, and asked me to choose a date. it wasnt really choosing, it was a coincident. my gynae wanted to see me for another check up and she will decide then if inducing would be a good choice, so she gave a date - which was the date hubby and i had initially chosen. good news no 5.

so i've got 4 days off work next week. 5 actually but i'm going in on monday to tie up some lose ends. then next saturday, we'll know our fate...

hoping for good news no 6!!

5 comments:

bakerina said...

Hoping you'll have a fast & safe delivery, well most 2nd babies are.

nae said...

dah start cuti??? lets go for coffee then before the little one pops out

eiseais said...

hahaha...nae...i cant even walk dear. yesterday nak masuk my sis punya car pun siap tearing sbb sakit nak angkat kaki. lets not get me started on the kaki bengkak issue...hahaha

eiseais said...

dilla...that's very fast! was she having complications?

i'm actually enjoying my time alone with my baby. been so long since its just me and him. sedih pulak nak dpt new addition ni (of course i'm very bersyukur...but still...my baby :<)

Lazydaisy said...

pray that you have easy and safe delivery. nanti lepas ni mommy kena divide attention dekat 2 heroes la, oooops 3 heroes hee hee

eh i nak recipe mexican eggs tu ? bule bagi tak, thank u eh

...sayings

the value of marriage is not that adults produce children but that children produce adults - peter de vries

grown-ups never understand anything for themselves and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explainning things to them - antoine de saint-exupery
 
Images by Freepik