Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Labour

not "the process of childbirth" but "physical or mental work; exertion; toil".

my gynae gave me the week off so i can stay at home and rest. of course, to me, stay at home certainly doesnt mean rest. there's just so many things to do. let me see...what did i do in the past 4 days...

tuesday -
1. laundry - 2 loads
2. changed amir's bedsheet
3. dusted & wiped all furnitures in my room
4. vacuumed my room

wednesday -
1. changed my bedsheet (my sis washed hers as well)
2. washed the baby's stroller cover, blankets and prepared the playpen (for his daytime nap)
3. wiped all window frames in my room and computer area
4. cleaned the computer area

thursday -
1. laundry - 2 loads
2. dusted and wiped all furnitures in the living & dining room
3. folded and put away amir's clothes
4. washed my bathroom
5. vacuumed my room (again!!)

note: all three days included going up and down the stairs numerous times to entertain the "mummy nak..." "mummy nak..." requests of a 22-month old toddler...

friday -
1. laundry
2. wiped all windows in amir' room and my sis' room
3. vacuum amir's room & my sis' room
4. changed bedsheet in amir's room
5. ironed clothes
6. swept the whole of the downstairs area, ie living, dining and kitchen

i managed to do most cleaning on friday as my sister was kind enough to take amir with her for the day. all in all it was a very, very tiring week, yet i'm glad its all done. i dont know when i'll be admitted and for how long, but at least i'll be at ease knowing my house is in a good and clean condition (yes...its seriously important that i come back to a clean house...haha!!)

when i went for my check up today, i felt the work that i had done during the week was worth it as my gynae said i've managed to speed up my labour (this time it is the process of childbirth) and wouldnt need inducing. she said i wouldnt even last until the end of the week...so good news no 6 really did materialise.

before i go off to await the arrival of my baby, i'd like to fulfill the requests of some of the fellow bloggers...

mexican baked eggs
4 eggs
1 tub sour cream
1 bottle salsa
cheese
(the next 2 are my own addition to make it 'heavier')
minced beef
capsicum

fry minced beef & capsicum till dry
spread on a square oven-proof dish
pour sour cream (leave some for later)
pour cheese, making 4 indentations in each quarter for the eggs
break eggs at each quarter
scoop out the salsa around the eggs (leave some for later)
bake in oven for 20 minutes or till eggs are hardened
serve with hot tortillas or toast with the sour cream and salsa

3 comments:

bakerina said...

Way to go gurrrrl!
Bet you managed to somehow opened up your cervix a notch with all those cleaning and stair climbing!
Hope you have a safe and fast delivery! I STILL have 5 weeks to go...

Anonymous said...

congrats to js and family..
for ur new baby asyraf..
selamat berpantang k ;)

Anonymous said...

dah deliver ker? alhamdulillah! congratulations!! take care =)

...sayings

the value of marriage is not that adults produce children but that children produce adults - peter de vries

grown-ups never understand anything for themselves and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explainning things to them - antoine de saint-exupery
 
Images by Freepik