Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Raya

before ramadhan began, i was contemplating whether to fast as i was reaching my 9th month. i fasted during both pregnancies, but during amir i was in my 6th month and asyraf, i was coming up to my 8th month. i managed to fast the whole month during amir but skipped about 4 days during asyraf, towards the end of ramadhan. but being in my 9th month, that was something different. i knew i would get tired easily around this time, i had a big tummy to carry around, plus i had 2 active boys to run after (hubby did most of the running after, of course, but i had to play my part as well).

hubby told me not to fast. for one, he wouldnt be able to send me and pick me up from work. he was working near home. i had to take the lrt everyday. can i save my energy til 4:30pm? people still dont give up their seats for me, even with this big of a tummy i carry. there were times when i was hanging on for dear life, thinking i would faint right there and then.

so we compromised - hubby and i - i would fast 15 days, half of the month of ramadhan. but i had to promise hubby that i would break my fast, if i ever felt i could not carry on til maghrib. so far, alhamdulillah, i managed to fast for 15 days. no half days here and there. i missed out only 2 days as i had my check up.

today is my raya day. celebrated my raya with a good makan-makan with my colleagues at the klconvex. we didnt want to go initially as it was on sunday night. hubby and i made a pact long time ago that we would never go out on a week night (and sunday nights) as the boys needed their sleep and we didnt want to rush their bath, dinner and wind down time.

zu was kind enough to volunteer mind the boys while hubby and i ate (volunteer or terpaksa?). we couldnt join the terawih prayers, we couldnt leave the boys with other people for an hour - that would be just irresponsible of us.

it was a good night. the food was good. and it was nice to see amir having a great time and to see asyraf not throwing up on anyone...

4 comments:

Liza said...

Frankly, I was scared to see you walking around the buffet table however, I "tabik spring" you, even towards the end of the pregnancy, you don't mind to do things yourself. Yelah, some people during the stage wants to be pampered and like people to do stuff for them. Anyway, I pray for your safe delivery, and Insyallah, I'll come over to your house this weekend to send the kuih raya

Nurul Diana@Mama=Adam + Aidil + Ayra said...

kak js mmg super mommy!! .. i also pray for ur safety bila deliver soon .. ur hubby pun byk sgt support dan tolong meringankan beban .. cayalah ... best thn nie raya dgn 3 boys ... yeeehaaa ...

rafiqaheliza said...

Oh, best jugak sekali sekala buka kat luarkan? So far, we all just buka one time, but it was a BAD experience! Refused to talk bout it...

Read your last post..and am visualising the situation as if macam I yg lalui. Mmg tiring..and I'm not preggy like you. You mmg super-mommy!

kombat said...

sedapnye kopok amir. nak carik gak la ptg ni :D

...sayings

the value of marriage is not that adults produce children but that children produce adults - peter de vries

grown-ups never understand anything for themselves and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explainning things to them - antoine de saint-exupery
 
Images by Freepik