Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Whole Week Off

nope...not due to the bleeding. the bleeding (wasnt even bleeding in the first place, it was more brown spotting) happened only once on wee monday morning. but yesterday i felt feverish and was coughing so much. i hate coughing so bad, i prefer to have the flu than the cough.

we went to the nearby clinic. when the doctor finally saw me (afer waiting an hour, rasa nak pitam pun ada), she said i was burning up. my temp was 39.3c. she gave me panadol and antibiotics to take there and then. i did...and quickly vomited them out once i got home. during the night, my temperature went higher and higher - from 39.3c to 39.6c to 39.8c to 40c.

i've never had high fever like that before, even hubby was worried. this morning i had no appetite to eat, but forced myself so that i can eat the medication. i know now how my dad feels, eating so many pills. i had more than 5 to take at one go, plus the hormone pills and the folic acid.

this morning i was totally knocked out. my temp wouldnt budge at 39.6c. after sponging myself down for hours, it finally went down. now i've got a massive headache, a sensitive throat, a blocked nose and all my muscle ache.

i've been given another 2 days off from work. i've never had so many days off before, and i've actually lost track of the day of the week.

to all mummies who chided me for washing my bathroom, dont worry...i stopped there. thanks for being concerned, i'm no longer bleeding...but i hate being sick!!

1 comment:

Hot Mama said...

Nina, when ever i have high fever, i use really icy cold towel put it under both armpit and one on the forehead. Its going to be cold but insyaAllah after that temp turun.
take care of urself and da lil one in your tummy :-D

...sayings

the value of marriage is not that adults produce children but that children produce adults - peter de vries

grown-ups never understand anything for themselves and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explainning things to them - antoine de saint-exupery
 
Images by Freepik